Though women comprise just 14%* of the truck driver workforce, many find fulfillment and success behind the wheel – including Julie Chamblin and Brenda Davis. These ladies love their work and willingly take on challenges as they come! They first met at Nussbaum when Julie became Brenda’s trainer, and have since formed a close friendship.
In today’s episode, Saige, Julie, & Brenda chat about getting into the industry, managing life in the truck, navigating the truck stops, and using your support group. They also address some common stereotypes about women in trucking.
Enjoying our podcast? Leave us a review! Your reviews help us spread the word about these important topics and invite more people into the conversation.
FROM TODAY’S PODCAST
- Guests: Julie Chamblin & Brenda Davis
- * according to the non-profit Women in Trucking
- City Limits Pub & Grill
- Walmart Plus Membership
- Nussbaum Road Captains
- Key Points:
- Julie & Brenda share how they got into the trucking industry.
- Being safe at truck stops: tips and advice.
- Life in the truck: meal prepping, must-haves, where to park, and where to find support.
- Visit us online at terminalexchange.org.
- Follow The Terminal Exchange on social media!
Employee-Owned, Purpose Driven | Nussbaum is an industry-leader in over-the-road freight transportation. For more information on our award-winning services and top-paying driver careers, visit nussbaum.com or nussbaumjobs.com.