Big-hearted. Hard-working. Family first. That’s how we would describe Sam Moravec. He’s living the dream as an over-the-road truck driver, visiting family as he crisscrosses the country. But the path to success wasn’t always easy. Growing up with autism, Sam struggled to feel accepted and “fit in.” It was often challenging to communicate or interact socially. But with the love and support of his family, Sam has achieved his goals.
Today, he’s helping others to understand their autistic loved ones and communicate more effectively. Listen in as Sam shares about his childhood, becoming a driver, and joining the Nussbaum team. We’ll also learn about his favorite hobby, visit a 100-year-old ice cream parlor, and meet a special man named Uncle Tony.
Enjoying our podcast? Leave us a review! Your reviews help us spread the word about these important topics and invite more people into the conversation.
FROM TODAY’S PODCAST
- Guest: Sam Moravec, Professional Driver
- What is Autism?
- Zaharakos Ice Cream Parlor
- Key Points:
- For those with autism, people often misinterpret their behavior. Don’t jump to conclusions. Be patient and take the time to understand what autism is and why individuals act as they do.
- Todd Evans shares how getting to know Sam helped him understand and communicate with his autistic son.
- Visit us online at terminalexchange.org.
- Follow The Terminal Exchange on social media!
Employee-Owned, Purpose Driven | Nussbaum is an industry-leader in over-the-road freight transportation. For more information on our award-winning services and top-paying driver careers, visit nussbaum.com or nussbaumjobs.com.